Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Lydia's Kindergarten Graduation

Lydia graduated from Kindergarten on Friday, May 28th.

When Lydia entered kindergarten, I thought for sure I'd be getting a call from her teacher telling me to take her back! I was terrified for her. I even wrote a little note on her 'info sheet' apologizing in advance because of her insanity. I know, I'm a horrible mother.

However, the opposite has happened. Lydia seems to have almost 'caught up' emotionally with all her peers. She rarely has the same outbursts and tantrums that used to hold our family hostage. She was so unbearable I (and everyone else in the house) were on the brink of madness. I know that sounds dramatic, but it was true.... she was a living nightmare.

It's only going up from here! Lydia has learned a lot. She can read all her sight words and she's absolutely average. :) I'm very proud of her.

Her program was really cute. They sang several songs. Make sure you watch the video below.

I love you, Lydia ... craziness and all.

Mom



Lydia's Teacher, Mrs. Kunze


Lydia showing us her diploma


Accepting her diploma


Singing with her She-Ra headband ... oh lordy ...


Her part of the program! Right on!


Being a patient, good girl.


Mrs. Kunze


Waiting for the program to begin.


Being a good girl.



No comments: