Sunday, August 22, 2010

July 24th

On Saturday, July 24th, we had Kenny and Susan's family over for a barbeque. After the BBQ, we went and hunted frogs!

There is this little place in draper, next to a swap that is CRAWLING with frogs! It's insano! They are tiny at this point, almost the size of a housefly ... maybe a tad bigger, with some as big as a quarter. I think they're actually baby toads, but anyway, this is the third year that my family has gone and it's FUN! I think we collected well over 20! Then we released them all. The boys were not as into it as I hoped. Maybe next year. The girls had a lot of fun ...

In years past, we would bring the frogs home and let them loose in the backyard. I'm sure kitties and birds find them and gobble them up. It really is so much fun!

After the return home, we set out a blankie and watched neighbors do their fireworks. It was such a fun night! It was a Saturday, so we didn't have to wake up early the next day. My camera's date is off by a day ... it was really 07.24.10.

We'll have to do it again next year.














1 comment:

Dag said...

We need to find out where that is, that would be fun!