Friday, January 8, 2010

I started Weight Watchers!

So, last night was my first meeting. Laura and Ashlee are also joining in! The program is SUPER SIMPLE ... the not so simple part it following the plan. I am allowed 27 points per day. Everything you eat is assigned a points value. For example, I'm eating a turkey sandwich right now for lunch. It's two slices of whole wheat bread, two tbls of Miracle Whip and 3 oz of sliced deli turkey. Super delish and it's 6 points. If I wanted to, I could add tons of veggies and it wouldn't raise the points, or if it did, it would be like 1 point. I also get 35 extra points every week to 'fudge' with. So, I'm going to try and NOT use those. Maybe when I go to dinner or something.

I'm hoping to get down to 150lbs. We'll see ... only time will tell.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hear great things about that program. Simple, healthy, and effective it used correctly. I wonder how many points a Cafe Rio pork burrito is?

Lana said...

I am excited for you to do that program. I know you can do it!!! I'm sorry that I didn't join you, but we can still be motivating buddies, right? You will totally reach your goal!!
I loved your last year Resolution and I think it was a needed thing for all parents!
Disneyland looked super fun!
Hope all is well. Happy New Year!